Fleeting Blogs and Readers

Oh, my! It's been over a year since my last blog! I didn't realize that until Anonymous posted on one of the posts to ask why I would advertise a blog on the back of my car when I don't update regularly. I have egg on my face and I will try to do better in the future.  One of the reasons I quit blogging was because for Christmas of 2011, I received an IPad. If anyone has ever tried to do any sustained typing on the onscreen touch-type keyboard, you know how impossible that is. A few months later I bought the wireless keyboard to go with it, with the idea of resurrecting FleetinglyCarol. I wish, Dear Reader, that you would go now and reread my blog from  Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - Fleeting Skills. I shall wait.



Go ahead.





I'm a very patient person, don't worry about how long it takes.



Are you finished? Good, now on you understand where I am with keyboards and my ability to use the micro-sized boards. This keyboard for the IPad was going to rectify the problem of having to type with big hands. I am proud to say that I am using that keyboard as I type these words. It took several months to gain any sense of mastery over this keyboard, sufficient enough to try to compose anyway.  The keyboard is slightly wider than the on-screen keyboard. My main difficulty is the right shift key is beside the  'up' arrow, so oftentimes when I want to capitalize a letter, my cursor instead will be one line up. If I'm not watching, things will really get messed up.

I thank Anonymous for your post and I hope you are checking back every so often. Thanks for getting me started again.


© 2013 Carol Phares

Comments

  1. It's nice to see you're back! I sympathize with about the smaller keypad and keyboard. I am now in MS at the Hancock County Library System as the Youth Services Director. We should get together sometime soon? Sorry I haven't gotten intouch with you before now.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the new job! I'm glad you're closer to home!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I've enjoyed writing this, as I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Please leave a comment about whether you like it or if not, constructive criticism is always welcome.

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Resolutions - Which Should Not Be Fleeting

Fleeting Whizzz-dom