This Can't Fleet Too Soon

I know you enjoyed "Fleeting Waterworks Revisited" that I wrote a few days ago. I know because I laughed out loud as I wrote it, so you had to enjoy it.

At least that's what I thought at the time. I posted a link on that ubiquitous social networking site that everyone uses to keep up with family, neighbors. You know, the one that took over the gossip across the backyard fence. It's wonderful to keep up with faraway family. I thought it would also be a great place to share with some 'friends' the link to my latest blog.

I went to my page, wrote an inviting small paragraph that ended with the link to the latest blog. Then, I did as any good blogger would do, I waited at the stats page to watch the number of hits climb. Only, they didn't. Not one jot.

I closed Blogger and went to wash the evening dishes, brush my teeth, and generally wound down for the evening. Of course, before hitting the sack I had to check in the stats page again. I mean, someone must have read the blog in that 10 minutes. To my utter disappoint and surprise, the stats page showed no one had visited my most humorous page.

I pondered what to do. My eyes were sleepy, I couldn't quit yawning, I needed to go to bed. As I strolled through my news feed, thinking about the dilemma, I read with fervent interest, the tweets that were re-posted on this social networking site by the President of the United States. I always enjoy these tidbits because they are always interesting and quite often controversial.

In my tired brain, I thought I would return the favor and tweet the link to my funny blog to President Trump. I signed in to the OTHER ubiquitous social network - you know, the one where everyone tweets like a bird. I wrote " God bless ur admin. Need relief from stress as Pres of great country? Go to link for comic relief. http://fleetinglycarol.blogspot.com/2017/08/fleeting-waterworks-revisited.html "
I felt better. I also did my civic duty by lifting the spirits of the president (and probably a few Secret Service agents). I went to sleep with happy dreams. 

It was sometime in the middle of the night, after I had been asleep for a few hours that I sat up bolt straight. I realized I had tweeted the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, the leader of the free world asking him to read a blog where I admitted to this most important human being that I had peed my britches, not once, but TWICE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Resolutions - Which Should Not Be Fleeting

Fleeting Blogs and Readers

Fleeting Whizzz-dom